eSafety inspections – Pink slip
Vehicles need regular safety inspections report (also known as a pink slip) to remain on the road—a vehicle’s roadworthiness which in turn affects passenger safety. Pink slip – eSafety inspections are performed at authorised inspection stations with the results electronically lodged with the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
B2X Auto Pro is authorised inspection stations for rego checks, and we can perform eSafety check (pink slip) inspections for all light vehicles, motorcycles, caravans and trailers in NSW.
Areas for inspection include:
- Tyre quality and tread depth
- Vehicle body condition
- Working electrics such as headlights, blinkers, interior lights and dash lights
- Engine/suspension/exhaust and driveline condition
- Seatbelt condition
- Engine and driveline fluid leaks
- Brake efficiency test
Failed safety checks
If your vehicle fails a safety check, then repairs are required before renewing your registration. The good news is, we are a One-Stop-Shop auto care specialist, and we can repair your car as needed, may it be mechanic repair, brake pad replacement, rusty body repair, tyre replacement. If you prefer to complete your car repair with another auto repair workshop, we can issue a white slip failure notice. You can undertake the requirement listed on the white slip within 14 days and return your vehicle to us for reassessment at no extra inspection fees.
A new eSafety (pink slip) inspection will be required if the necessary repairs are not carried out within this time frame.
Unregistered vehicle inspections – Blue Slip
A blue slip is an unregistered vehicle safety inspection report issued by an AUVIS, which proves a vehicle has passed the required roadworthiness, design and identity standards.
Blue slip is needed if
- registration has been expired for more than 3 months
- When an interstate or a vehicle imported from another country vehicle is registered in NSW for the first time.
- has no number plate, or to establish an unregistered vehicle registration.
- is a write-off approved for re-registration
- Second-hand vehicles may be selected for an additional inspection by the RTA’s specialised vehicle identity unit.
An AUVIS inspection may also be required for:
- changes to vehicle registration records due to significant changes like a new engine installation
- clearing some defect notices.
B2X Auto Pro is an accredited AUVIS inspection station.